Sunday, January 30, 2011

Jumping into my Tech Lesson

It was extremely valuable to participate in the reading, writing and vocabulary discussion this week and equip my delicious page at the same time. My classmates` comments and experiences drove me into a vast variety of web links to surf.  In fact, I still need  more time to continue checking some other suggested sites and file them into my bookmarks. The readings were interesting and informative too, and  once again shaped and enriched our knowledge on ways of incorporating technology into the reading, writing and vocabulary class.

The most challenging task this week was to develop my technology-enhanced lesson plan. I wasn`t sure how to go about it; so,  I thought about my lesson for the following  week. I made some notes and then restructured it to include tech tools and activities.  It was difficult to make decisions: what is appropriate? Do I use the computer lab, multimedia? Which sites? Should I select interactive sites? What about printable pages and worksheets or do I select online quizzes instead? I spent many hours visiting suggested children sites and exploring the resources suggested by my classmates plus others I found.

I want to thank Aveka for sharing his experience with http://www.abcteach.com and   Angela  for her lesson plan which guided me to write mine and triggered my creative technology teaching side.


1 comment:

  1. Ana
    You describe online learning at its best...when we learn from each other and take the information to new levels, as appropriate for our own contexts.
    Robert

    ReplyDelete