Saturday, February 5, 2011

Learning is Relaxing



This has been a wonderful week! First, I felt I did have more time (I did not go to bed too late). I guess I`m becoming more confident about the content of the course and the weekly assignments.

Second, I finally could create a rubric by myself. Wow! I couldn`t believe it at first. Before, I used and adapted already made rubrics I found on the web or in books, and/or given by colleagues. I thought it was very complicated to come up with the description of each criteria but it was not at all. Once you have your expectations clear, it`s just a matter of logging in rubistar.4teachers.org and put your thoughts in writing, easily and quickly.

Third, I discovered a new world behind Web Quests. I thought I knew what they were, but it was not until I read and explored the suggested sites and some more that I realized they are not just questionnaires answered through the web. I came up with the idea of integrating at least two Web Quests per semester to empower the Science/Social Studies discussions and projects. This can be a plan for developing another complement to adhere to our ESL immersion program and help our population be more prepared for the grade level challenges. 

5 comments:

  1. Lucky you ! More time and more self-confidence ! That will certainly result in better learning . Like you I created a rubric at rubistar which I found very useful!
    Good luck :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Anna,

    Good to hear that you are having a nice time. I also felt really good about myself after creating my rubric and WebQuest. As you said, it is indeed a new world of information.

    I am also hoping to use WebQuests in my class as often as time permits.

    p.s. seems the picture 'clearly depicts' how you have been feeling this week.

    Cheers

    Umesha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Anna,
    like you, at the beginning I was not sure what WebQuest was, I went back and forth, and in the end, I just could figure it out.. It's a great help..

    By the way, I like the cartoon of the woman reading in the bath.. it exactly depicts the title "Learning is relaxing"..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Anna,
    This is indeed a very fruitful week for me too. I also struggled at first when reading about WebQuest and PBL, but then when I understood the idea behind them, everything became sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I join the group of four of you. I see all of us discovered ourselves. Like you I could never think of creating my own rubric and it was so easy.

    ReplyDelete