Saturday, March 5, 2011

A Better Teacher


I have become a better teacher since I started this course. First, I have been exposed to a wide variety of web tools for enriching my lessons, developing learners autonomy, differentiating instruction and satisfying learners needs. Second, I have integrated some web tools into my weekly classe: online reading/writing practices, PPP, one-class computer, printables and a class blog. Third, I have started sharing my experience with my co-workers. In summary, I think I become more open to integrate the interactive web into my teaching.

I have a couple of projects in mind. At school, my idea is to empower the Newcomers program by providing extra online practices to tackle individual needs, to use ANVILL for listening and speaking, and create an ESL blog for parents. Also, I would like to share some web links and articles with teachers at a Panama TESOL seminar or conference.

I know I still need more time to digest the information, try some tech tools and continue exploring. Technology has brought up the world together! And we, teachers should keep learning and definitely sharpening our technology skills to cope with the challenges of teaching the 21st century community.

Practice makes perfect!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Ana, it is so good to share the same ideas and feelings about the course and teaching. I will also hold a workshop about articles and websites to show what they can be used for, I'll probably make an interactive presentation. I also feel I need time to digest everything we learnt. Good luck with your work!

    ReplyDelete