Saturday, February 26, 2011

Multitasking


This week has been very active and productive. At work, I was busy preparing my tech lessons and implementing them. I had a couple of tech issues during the classes, but I think it was a valuable learning experience on how to handle them in the future and be ready for offline practices. Though I was upset at first, I could handle without it. It is amazing how we soon get used to and feel threatened  by the power of web tools!

At the same time, I was writing the first draft of my project. I wasn`t sure at first if I was on the right track; fortunately, some of my colleages post their work very early and I could benefit from their input.   I  found  the Peer Review task provided feedback to both our partners and ourselves, actually very introspective.

The discovery of ANVILL was also very rewarding. ANVILL is a great tool  I can incorporate into my Newcomers program and regular classes.  I can create a class site for accompanying extra speaking and listening practices for each lesson while working face to face in class. Hot potatoes will also add a bit of salt into my lessons!

Finally, I enjoyed creating my class blog for the upcoming project on Adventure Stories and I`m looking forward to experiencing it along with my students. 




1 comment:

  1. Hi Ana
    I love the octopus picture. I feel like this too during the 10 weeks this course runs! We are almost at the "finish line!"
    Robert

    ReplyDelete