Saturday, February 19, 2011

A New Teaching Perspective

Before I started this course I was kind of undecisive about using some tech tools in my daily practice, just like the man on right side of the picture."well, maybe next week", "What aobut if the internet connection is not working", "the computer lab is always taken". I think I found the perfect excuse not to use it.

Now, I feel more like the person on the left side of the picture. I feel more confident and ready to start a new journey, as I mentioned in week 2. In fact, I have realized that when planning my lessons, more tech tools and strategies pop up! "what if I prepare a web quest on adventure stories","2nd graders will love to type spelling words and listen to the pronunciation", "we can probably create a class blog to post our 5th graders`adventure stories"

The readings of this week sparkle my creativity and trigger even more my intrinsic motivation to incorporate the interactive web into my lessons; the power of the web can also be  in our hands. For sure, one- computer classroom will definitely enhance interest  while training, enforcing and shaping up our learners autonomy.

"I`ve got the whole (tech) world in my hand" 

5 comments:

  1. Hi Ana,

    It's not just you. I think most of us feel the same about all these new concepts and technologies that we are being exposed to every week.

    As you said, it sure strengthens us and makes us feel confident not only about using technology in class, but about our work as teachers in general.

    Umesha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel the same, perhaps even more. Now as we know so much about technology use in class, we feel more responsible to our students, to colleagues, Robert and to Uoregon University. Like for the man on the left side, there is teaching and technology in front of us. We are "a bird-in the-hand".

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with all of you.I always stress on the fact that change is a slow process and it has to come from within,instead of expecting things from our students we should change ourselves first.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too agree with you all. The left side picture communicates very well about the knowledge and ideas we have especially when it comes to incorporating technology in our teaching.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful post, Ana! I must say your post here is inspirational to me on the other side things. It helps me know the ideas are making a difference.
    Robert

    ReplyDelete