Sunday, February 13, 2011

Welcome to interactivity!


It has been a very rewarding week for me.  I read about engaging large classes by making PPP more active. Also, I got plenty of ideas from our discussion on nicenet: using the blank slide technique for Think-pair-share discussions, getting learners engage in a ConcepTest and using fewer slides with rich interactive elements, among others.

I`ve always wanted to use some of these strategies I`ve seen in plenary and concurrent sessions at some national and international conferences, but have no idea on how to do it. I spent more than 4 hours creating a jeopardy game I want to use for reviewing the unit in my second grade class this coming Thursday. Well, I have to admit that even though it took time to digest the information, practice, follow instructions and input your data;  once you see the final product you won`t regret it at all. 

I feel so proud of myself, I fnallly learned how to make my PPP more interective!

1 comment:

  1. Dear Ana,

    first of all, thank you for your congratulations. I have uploaded a photo since you wrote to me. To tell the truth it is not easy to juggle so many things, the wedding involved a lot of organization, but luckily everything went as expected, we enjoyed it tremendously and we had time to relax.

    About this week's new information and knowledge, I think we share the same feelings concerning what we learnt and did. I also felt so proud after finishing my presentation. I think now it takes much more time than it will once we learn the ropes :) Good luck with your game, and please, do write how it worked! I am planning a similar one soon, at the end of a unit.
    Petra

    ReplyDelete